HomeContact UsAbout UsProductsService WorkPicture Gallery

Captains Carpet Gallery 
Office (609) 857-5600
Fax    (609) 296-7385
260 E. Main St. Tuckerton, NJ 08087
Service Work 
Most people do not know that clean dryer vents are actually important and beneficial. Not only do clean dryer vents improve the efficiency of your dryer but most importantly can prevent a fire from starting in your home. 

Your lint screen collects about 60% of the lint, the other 40% goes through your dryer vent system. The accumulation of lint in the dryer vent or dryer vent system is a real fire hazard.

98% of your dryer vent cannot be seen. The only part that is visible are transition hoses and exhaust ports on the roofs and side of homes, the other part of the dryer vent is in a confined area inside your walls, floor joist, crawl space and attic. 

A lot of times what you do not see, you forget about. A confined area is a problem because when a fire starts it may not be noticed as quickly as a fire in an open area. Many sprinkler systems and smoke alarms may not be triggered as fast as they should.
Why Clean Your Dryer Vents
The most obvious reason is “Because they look dirty”. However, there are several reasons why to consider regular professional carpet and upholstery cleaning even when dirt does not show. All these reasons can be quite significant to the health of your family and pets and to protect your expensive carpets and furnishings:”

  -Better Air quality in your home through the removal of bio-pollutants from your floors and soft furnishings

  -Removal of dust and danders that can trigger symptoms for allergy and asthma sufferers

  -Removal of microscopic bacteria and germs you cannot see but can make you sick

  -Restoration of colour and texture of the carpet and upholstery fibres

  -Removal of stains that tend to set in over time and become too difficult to remove

  -Protection of one of your home’s major investments, saving you $$$$

Why Clean Your Carpets
The furnace and air ducts act as your home's "respiratory system". This system can become "congested" when filled with contaminants and debris. Allergy sufferers can benefit greatly by reducing the amount of "triggers" that are present in ductwork. The proper cleaning of the air duct system is a necessity. Additionally, sanitizing and deodorizing, in certain circumstances, is key. There is no comparison to Productive service and integrity. Children are more likely than adults to be affected by polluted air; they breathe faster, inhale more air per unit of body weight and are closer to the ground where concentrations are higher. (Department of Consumer Affairs)
Among the top five reasons for emergency room visits in 2008 was Colds/Flu and Asthma attacks for children under 10. (Wolters-Kluwer Health)
One out of every six people who suffer from allergies does so because of the direct relationship to the fungi and bacteria in the air duct systems. (Total Health & Better Health Magazine)
90% of heating and cooling system failures are caused by dust and dirt. (Louisiana Cooperative Extension Service)
The elderly, asthmatics and people with respiratory problems, such as allergies and lung diseases, are more sensitive to pollutants. (Department of Consumer Affairs)
One millimeter of dirt on a heating or cooling coil can decrease it's efficiency up to 21%. (Environmental Protection Agency)
Most fiberglass furnace filters are only 7% effective in stopping dirt, dust, pollen, etc.
Why Clean Your Air Ducts